NATIONAL POLICE FEDERATION BENEVOLENT FOUNDATION
Jim Clifford, Director - Atlantic Region
- 31 years of service as an RCMP Member.
- 8 years of experience in Labour Relations prior to joining the NPF, including time spent as a Staff Relations Representative.
- Served as the Atlantic Region Member Workplace Services Supervisor, an interim program to assist with individual Members’ rights issues.
- Prior to joining the NPF, was Acting O. i/c Member Workplace Services in Atlantic Canada.
- Passionate about seeing all Districts/Detachments and Units adequately resource in terms of personnel and assets.
- In addition to his role as Atlantic Region Director at the NPF, Jim is a Board Member of the National Police Federation’s Benevolent Foundation, which was launched in 2020 to assist the families of fallen on-duty, off-duty and serving NPF Members.
About Jim Clifford
Jim has 31 years service as an RCMP Member and is originally from Glace Bay, Nova Scotia. He has spent his career in Atlantic Canada in a variety of operational and more recently, administrative roles. In 2008, Jim first became involved in labour issues and worked for RCMP Management in the Atlantic Region for the next several years. Jim would later convert the training and experience to go to work for Members as a Staff Relations Representative until that program wound down in 2016. He then became the Atlantic Region Member Workplace Services Supervisor, an interim program to assist with individual Members’ rights issues. His last role in the RCMP was as Acting O. i/c Member Workplace Services before joining the National Police Federation as part of its Inaugural Board of Directors. To the extent he can, Jim would like to see all Districts/Detachments and Units adequately resourced in terms of personnel and physical assets and sees an abundance of room for improvement in that regard in Atlantic Canada.