NATIONAL POLICE FEDERATION BENEVOLENT FOUNDATION
Incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, the NPFBF was launched in 2020 to assist the families of fallen on-duty, off-duty and serving NPF Members, and received charitable status in March 2021.
We do this by:
- Providing immediate financial and other supports to the family following the death of a serving Member.
- Providing post-secondary financial funding for students.
- Managing public and Member contributions to support fallen NPF Member families.
The NPFBF is governed by a Board comprised of Directors and staff officers of the National Police Federation. The National Police Federation proudly represents regular non-commissioned Members and reservists of the RCMP as their sole certified bargaining agent. The mission of the National Police Federation is to provide strong, fair, and progressive representation to promote and enhance the rights of its Members.
- 2016: National Police Federation and National Police Federation Benevolent Foundation incorporated, awaiting Member certification.
- July 2019: NPF certified.
- January 2020: NPFBF Board appointed.
- August 2020: RCMP Foundation designates NPFBF as primary administrator for public donations.
- September 2020: NPFBF receives first significant external donation of $10,000
- September 2020: NPF donates $1 million endowment to Foundation
- March 30, 2021: NPFBF receives charitable status from Canada Revenue Agency